Big Event planned and not a lot of time to prepare… here is a list of rules for the event… tell all your friends and family there is going to be one heck of a show… General Admission to watch this event will only be an admission fee of 2 canned good items
58671 M-40Jones, Michigan
REFER TO RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER, GENERAL SAFETY, AND TRACK RULES
I. SAFETY RULES ARE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY AND WILL BE ENFORCED
A. All glass must be removed (except windshield) including tail lights, head lights and mirrors
B. All bumpers must be stock appearing. Bumpers must be straight. No “V” shaped or fabricated bumpers. Any reinforcements added must be behind the bumper and not visible from outside of vehicle. Reinforcements must be no larger than 2” x 2” Tube Steel. Push style bumpers or Brush Guards are PROHIBITED!
C. Lap belt required (racing seat belts recommended). Seat Belts must be Functional and Operational!!!!
D. Helmets mandatory (fire suit and gloves recommended)
E. All drivers must remain in vehicle when red flag is displayed until a track official tells you it is safe to exit. Anyone exiting vehicle before track official gives you the okay will be disqualified from race & forfeit any purse or awards for remainder of events. IF RED FLAG COMES OUT ON THE SPEEDWAY, IF A CAR PASSES 2 CARS ONCE RED FLAG IS DISPLAYED THAT DRIVER WILL BE SENT TO THE TAIL OF THE FIELD. IF DRIVER PASSES 5 OR MORE CARS ONCE RED FLAG IS DISPLAYED THEY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THAT EVENT.
F. No vulgar or obscene lettering on any vehicle on speedway property
G. No driver’s compartment side hits
H. No vulgar language or obscene gestures towards any race official
I. Track officials have final word on vehicle’s safety and race worthiness
J. Lights out participants must have a working spot light (flashlights are not acceptable)
K. All Wheel Weights inside or outside must be removed prior to tech inspection.
L. Drivers door bars are highly recommended for driver safety. Bars must be mounted from A Pillar to B Pillar no exceptions. Bars may be mounted inside or outside of the vehicle. Bars mounted outside the vehicle must be angled back towards the center of the bar and be capped on both front and rear. SHARP, RIDGED OR POINTED EDGES ALLOWED OR THE VEHICLE MAY NOT COMPETE! 2×2 square tubing is the most widely used and most economical.
M. AWD OR 4WD Vehicles may not compete with the exception of 4WD vehicles with the front driveshaft removed.
N. All SUVs or MiniVans must have rear hatch in place.
O. All batteries must be strapped down. If battery is located in the interior must be covered as well.
P. Hood of the vehicle must be operational by the factory latch or by hood pins.
Q. All glass and other debris must be removed from inside the vehicle prior to arrival at the track. All rough or sharp edges around the window areas must be covered with tape. Remember to bring you own tape, duct tape works best.
R. All sunroofs must be removed must have the sunroof removed and be completely covered by sheet metal or aluminum. Covers must be screwed down but rivets are highly recommended.
S. For Driver Safety all doors must be welded, bolted or chained shut.
T. Roll cages are not required but highly recommended for driver safety. All cages must be securely mounted inside of the vehicle 100%.
U. All rearview mirrors inside the vehicle and outside of the vehicle must be removed.
V. ALL VEHICLES MUST PASS TECH INSPECTION PRIOR TO COMPETING IN ANY OR ALL EVENTS!!!!
W. TECHNICAL DIRECTOR HAS FINAL SAY ON RULES INTERPRETATIONS!!!!
X. ALL COMPETITORS MUST HAVE A COMPLETE AND ACCURATE NOD DRIVER REGISTRATION FORM ON FILE TO COMPETE! WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND HAVING THE FORM FILLED OUT AND PRINTED PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT THE TRACK. THIS FORM IS GOOD FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.
Y. ALL FRONT BUMPER COVERS SHALL BE REMOVED PRIOR TO TECH. ABSOLUTELY NO FRONT BUMPER COVERS ARE ALLOWED. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF ALL EVENTS.
Z. ABSOLUTELY NO SNOW TIRES OR STUDDED TIRES ARE TO BE USED IN ANY OR ALL OF THE EVENTS!
ALL VEHICLES MUST BE RACE READY WHEN ARRIVING AT THE M-40 SPEEDWAY. NO GUTTING OF VEHICLES OR REMOVAL OF GLASS WILL BE PERMITTED ON M-40 SPEEDWAY PROPERTY. VEHICLES NOT RACE READY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE!
Driver/Crew Member Conduct
- The driver assumes responsibility for the actions of his or her pit crew. Drivers may be issued penalties for pit crew misconduct. Such penalties, if applied may extend to the car as well as the driver.
- Unsportsmanlike driving, rough driving, or unnecessary bumping is prohibited and may result in removal from a race. Flagrant and/or repeated unsportsmanlike conduct on the track or in the pits may result in suspension. This suspension may span the winter hiatus and be completed in the following season.
- Unsportsmanlike, violent, or abusive behavior toward officials, competitors, and/or fans is prohibited and may result in penalties.
- General misconduct in the pit area may result in penalties, suspensions, fines, or the matters may be turned over to the proper authorities for legal action.
- Prep car as in GENERAL RULES
- Chain must be a minimal length of 5 feet
- If chain breaks cars are done, you must pull off into a safe area on the track you will no longer be scored for the event.
- If you do not pull off you may be disqualified from the rest of the events.
- Number on car must be clear and big
- Seat belts must be worn at all times.
- You must remain in your vehicle unless an official tells you otherwise.
- Second cars engine needs to be off and remain off throughout the event – Your team will be disqualified if 2nd car is running at any time throughout the race.
- You must stay in your vehicle throughout the event.
PASSENGER RIDE ALONGS:
- SAFETY IS NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.
- ALL PASSENGERS MUST WEAR A FULLY CONTAINED HELMET.
- FULLY OPERATIONAL SEAT BELT IS REQUIRED AND WILL BE INSPECTED PRIOR TO ALL EVENTS.
- AS A DRIVER YOU MUST NOTIFY ALL TECH INSPECTORS TO HAVE THEM CHECK THE SAFETY AND INTEGRITY BEFORE ANY RIDERS WILL PARTAKE IN ANY EVENTS.
- PASSENGER SIDE OF VEHICLE MUST HAVE A WELDED BAR INSIDE THE VEHICLE FROM THE A-PILLAR TO B-PILLAR FOR PASSENGERS SAFETY. IF THERE IS NOT A WELDED BAR INSIDE THE VEHICLE, YOU MUST HAVE A RUB BAR 2X2 SQUARE TUBING FROM IN FRONT OF PASSENGERS DOOR BACK TO THE REAR OF THE PASSENGERS REAR DOOR. ANY PROTRUDING BARS MUST BE CAPPED AND OR TAPERED!
- INTERIOR INTRUSION BARS WELDED FROM B-PILLAR TO B-PILLAR ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO SUPPORT ANY COLLISIONS. BAR MUST BE BEHIND BOTH FRONT SEATS AND MUST BE WELDED!
ANY RIDERS MUST COMPLY TO ALL THE RULES AS IF THEY ARE A DRIVER AND MUST HAVE A PIT-PASS TO PARTAKE IN ANY EVENTS.ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE!