BUSTI, N.Y. (June 9, 2018) – Although forced to fend off challenges by one of Pennsylvania’s finest, Lemoore, California’s Carson Macedo earned his way to the top of the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 feature podium on Saturday night at New Stateline Speedway, leading all 30 circuits around the 1/3-mile oval to score the first All Star victory since Lee Osborne accomplished the same feat in 1970.
The $5,000 payday, Macedo’s first All Star triumph of the 2018 season, increased his career win total to two with the traveling Series, also scoring a feature win during action at Lincoln (Ill.) Speedway exactly one year prior on June 9, 2017.
Pennsylvania Posse invader Greg Hodnett chased Macedo to the final checkers in Busti, N.Y., followed by six-time and defending Series champion Chad Kemenah, recent Outlaw Speedway winner Paul McMahan, and Tony Stewart.
“Man, I feel like we’ve been close so many times. It feels really good to be standing up here,” Carson Macedo explained in victory lane, driver of the familiar Lucas Oil/Slade Shock Technologies/Tarlton and Son Inc./No. 3G. “We’ve been consistently finishing inside the top-five and top-ten, but winning is what we are working for. With Ohio Sprint Speedweek right around the corner, I can’t think of a better time to get hot.”
Utilizing his outside-pole position, Macedo was able to earn the early jump, quickly moving ahead of Greg Hodnett and Chad Kemenah as the field drove by the flagstand for the first time. Besides periods of heavy traffic and eventual pressure by Greg Hodnett, a pair of cautions, one on lap six for a spinning Aaron Reutzel, and another on lap nine for a slowing John Garvin, were the only two distractions during Macedo’s march at the front of the running order.
Traffic appeared for the first time just before the midpoint of the 30-lap program giving Hodnett an opportunity to eat away at Macedo’s built advantage. As traffic intensified, so did the battle for the top spot; Macedo relying heavily on the very topside of the speedway while Hodnett worked the bottom. A miscalculated slide job effort on lap 22 was Hodnett’s first, true attempt at getting by the California native. Macedo was able to counter, immediately increasing speed and stretching his advantage back to nearly two seconds.
By the time the final checkers flew, Macedo’s advantage was up and over two seconds, crossing over the start-finish line by a margin of victory equalling 2.176 seconds over Hodnett.
“Traffic made things a little tricky. I tried my best to keep up with track changes and race where I felt the most comfortable. As traffic got worse, I was forced to move around quite a bit,” Macedo continued. “When Greg (Hodnett) took a look under me, I knew I had to turn it up a little bit. His move forced me to drive a little bit harder and pick up my pace. I wasn’t sure where he was at the end, but I didn’t see him again.”
The New York triple-header will come to a close on Sunday evening, June 10, when the All Star Circuit of Champions travel to the north side of the Finger Lakes for a first-ever visit to Weedsport Speedway. Padding an impressive All Star stat sheet in the Empire State, Weedsport Speedway will become the 14th track in the state of New York to host All Star Circuit of Champions competition.
Weedsport Speedway in Weedsport, N.Y., will open pit gates at 9 a.m. on Sunday, June 10. A pit sweep will take shape at 3 p.m., followed by the All Star drivers meeting at 5 p.m. All Star hot laps are scheduled to begin at 5:45 p.m. Additional information can be found online at www.weedsportspeedway.com.
Contingency Awards/Results: New Stateline Speedway – Saturday, June 9, 2018:
EMi Driver’s Meeting: 29 entries
State Water Heaters Warm-Ups: Jac Haudenschild – 14.328 seconds
Lincoln Electric Fast Qualifier: Brock Zearfoss – 14.400 seconds
Ford Performance Heat #1: Carson Macedo
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2: Aaron Reutzel
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3: Lee Jacobs
JE Pistons Dash #1: Brock Zearfoss
Classic Ink USA B-main: Danny Dietrich
Daido Engine Bearings Main Event Winner: Carson Macedo
MSD Performance Hard Charger Award: Brock Zearfoss (+11)
(Lincoln Electric, Daido Engine Bearings, MSD Performance: Need decal to qualify for contingency award)
1. 3Z-Brock Zearfoss, 14.401; 2. 70-Dave Blaney, 14.680; 3. 3G-Carson Macedo, 14.688; 4. 27-Greg Hodnett, 14.812; 5. 40-George Hobaugh, 14.959; 6. 98-Carl Bowser, 14.982; 7. 44-Trey Starks, 15.095; 8. 44M-Joe McEwen, 15.190; 9. 5-Justin Barger, 15.306; 10. 35Z-Jared Zimbardi, 15.316
1. 87-Aaron Reutzel, 14.537; 2. 14-Tony Stewart, 14.638; 3. 13-Paul McMahan, 14.668; 4. 4-Parker Price-Miller, 14.815; 5. 7K-Cale Conley, 14.860; 6. 11-Ryan Smith, 14.917; 7. 35-Tyler Esh, 15.076; 8. 51-John Garvin, 15.201; 9. 47X-Dylan Westbrook, 15.445; 10. 97au-Mitchell Wormall, 15.732
1. 3-Jac Haudenschild, 14.553; 2. 10H-Chad Kemenah, 14.619; 3. O7-Gerard McIntyre, 14.816; 4. 81-Lee Jacobs, 14.866; 5. 7KS-Dan Shetler, 15.074; 6. 48-Danny Dietrich, 15.107; 7. 22-Brandon Spithaler, 15.334; 8. 126-Bryan Salisbury, 15.606; 9. 1R-Gale Ruth Sr., 16.453
Heat #1 – Group (A) (8 Laps) – Top 6 Transfer
1. 3G-Carson Macedo ; 2. 27-Greg Hodnett ; 3. 70-Dave Blaney ; 4. 3Z-Brock Zearfoss ; 5. 40-George Hobaugh ; 6. 44-Trey Starks ; 7. 44M-Joe McEwen ; 8. 98-Carl Bowser ; 9. 5-Justin Barger ; 10. 35Z-Jared Zimbardi 
Heat #2 – Group (B) (8 Laps) – Top 6 Transfer
1. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 2. 13-Paul McMahan ; 3. 14-Tony Stewart ; 4. 4-Parker Price-Miller ; 5. 11-Ryan Smith ; 6. 7K-Cale Conley ; 7. 35-Tyler Esh ; 8. 51-John Garvin ; 9. 47X-Dylan Westbrook ; 10. 97AU-Mitchell Wormall 
Heat #3 – Group (C) (8 Laps) – Top 6 Transfer
1. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 2. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 3. 3-Jac Haudenschild ; 4. 7KS-Dan Shetler ; 5. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 6. O7-Gerard McIntyre ; 7. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 8. 126-Bryan Salisbury ; 9. 1R-Gale Ruth Sr. 
Dash #1 (6 Laps)
1. 3Z-Brock Zearfoss ; 2. 3G-Carson Macedo ; 3. 27-Greg Hodnett ; 4. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 5. 3-Jac Haudenschild ; 6. 13-Paul McMahan ; 7. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 8. 81-Lee Jacobs 
B-Main (12 Laps) – Top 6 Transfer
1. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 2. 98-Carl Bowser ; 3. 35-Tyler Esh ; 4. 47X-Dylan Westbrook ; 5. 51-John Garvin ; 6. 5-Justin Barger ; 7. 97AU-Mitchell Wormall ; 8. 44M-Joe McEwen ; 9. 35Z-Jared Zimbardi ; 10. 126-Bryan Salisbury ; 11. 1R-Gale Ruth Sr. 
A-Main (30 Laps)
1. 3G-Carson Macedo ; 2. 27-Greg Hodnett ; 3. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 4. 13-Paul McMahan ; 5. 14-Tony Stewart ; 6. 3-Jac Haudenschild ; 7. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 8. 70-Dave Blaney ; 9. 4-Parker Price-Miller ; 10. 7K-Cale Conley ; 11. 11-Ryan Smith ; 12. 3Z-Brock Zearfoss ; 13. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 14. 7KS-Dan Shetler ; 15. O7-Gerard McIntyre ; 16. 44-Trey Starks ; 17. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 18. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 19. 35-Tyler Esh ; 20. 98-Carl Bowser ; 21. 47X-Dylan Westbrook ; 22. 51-John Garvin ; 23. 40-George Hobaugh ; 24. 5-Justin Barger  Lap Leaders: Carson Macedo (1-30)
2018 All Star Circuit of Champions Driver Standings: (after 6/9/2018)
1. Aaron Reutzel – 1444
2. Jac Haudenschild – 1428
3. Chad Kemenah – 1416
4. Carson Macedo – 1414
5. Dave Blaney – 1354
6. Parker Price-Miller – 1352
7. Carl Bowser – 1238
8. Cale Conley – 1226
9. Brandon Spithaler – 1212
10. Paul McMahan – 1178
About the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All-Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first ‘outlaw’ Sprint Car organization of the modern era. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015. In 2018, MAVTV Motorsports Network will be the official television home of the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 and will broadcast eight high-profile events.
About Arctic Cat:
For more than 50 years, the Arctic Cat snowmobile brand has stood as one of the most widely recognized and respected in the industry. Today Arctic Cat’s snowmobile product lines span more than 50 different models, with offerings for every style of riding, from trail-riding with the family, to long-distance touring with friends, to mountain sleds to handle the most severe backcountry conditions. For more information, visit: www.arcticcat.com.
About Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc:
Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of golf cars, utility and personal transportation vehicles, snowmobiles, side-by-sides, all-terrain vehicles, professional turf-care equipment, and ground support equipment. Textron Specialized Vehicles markets products under the E-Z-GO®, Cushman®, Arctic Cat®, Textron Off Road™, Jacobsen®, Dixie Chopper®, Ransomes®, TUG™, Douglas™, Premier™ and Safeaero™ brands. Its vehicles are found in environments ranging from golf courses to factories, airports to planned communities, and theme parks to hunting preserves.
About Mobil 1:
The world’s leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1™ features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life.
For more information, visit mobiloil.com, on Twitter @Mobil1 and, on Facebook, www.facebook.com/mobil1.
Mobil, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing are registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
Photo Credit: Jason Brown Motorsports Photography
Contact: Tyler Altmeyer
Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1
(724) 954-4915, email@example.com